[Gnso-epdp-team] Notes and action items from EPDP Team Phase 2 Meeting #11 - 1 August 2019 - ALAC Online buyers Use Case

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 29 13:49:01 UTC 2019

Amr, I agree that this use case should not recommend granting disclosure. I thought we made it clear that such disclosure will be the subject of satisfying the balancing test that must be carried out by the data holder.

We have spent unending time discussing this use case when I expected it to receive FAR less attention (and we recommended not discussing it at all!). It is not one that can be subject to any ICANN rules that pre-suppose disclosure.

The policy we already issued does not grant privacy to legal persons. Only the EU can do that. It ALLOWS but does not require contracted parties to treat them similarly.

Alan