[Gnso-epdp-team] Zero-Draft Doc- Assessment of the data being requested

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 11:21:45 UTC 2019

I don't know if this has been flagged and I know that the zero draft is
frozen for now but I believe the diagram about the assessment of the data
requested Step 2, is not correct. It says that if the data is non-EEA data
may be released with no balancing test performed. In phase one we agreed
that the contracted parties can make geo diff if they want. The ones that
do not do geo diff should definitely follow the disclosure policy we are
coming up with and perform the balancing test regardless of EEA or non-EEA
data. I don't think they should just release the data. As we argued,
ICANN's policies are global. If disclosure is global, data protection has
to be global too.

Farzaneh