[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - latest version of EPDP Team Final Report

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:27:05 UTC 2019

Thank you very much for this work. I guess you mean to mark the concerns by
4th Feb and not March.

Here are some of my comments:

Line 1542, Rec 12: Reasonable access should be called "parameters for
responding to lawful disclosure requests". Why does line 1542 recommends a
modified version?

Line 1558, Rec 12: It is worrisome that so much leeway and emphasis has
been given for the implementation phase to clarify the criteria further.

Line 1580, Rec 12: When did we agree that a separate guideline/timeline
might be considered for disclosure of personal data in urgent
circumstances? I did record my objection to that.
Line 1589: EPDP recommends that working on these (disclosure) criteria
start as soon as possible. What does that mean? Are we recommending that
implementation of disclosure criteria start sooner than anything else?

Rec 12 in general: all the "access" language has to be replaced with
disclosure requests.

Line 1936, Rec 13: Joint Controller Agreement language is removed,
providing no rationale.  Other than Chris Disspain's point of view and the
US government reasoning, as I say I don't see objections to JCA. If you
have considered the public comments to make this change, please let us
know. If you have considered other factors I would like to know what they
are.

Line 2066, Rec 18:  If we are getting rid of data processing agreement
replacing with data protection arrangements (which I don't personally agree
with) then please be consistent throughout the document. Or are we only
getting rid of DPA and JCA only regarding registries and registrars?

Line 2129, Rec21: Data processing agreement/ JCA mentioned for Escrows etc.
Are we keeping this language?

I will send more comments soon.

Farzaneh