[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Revised "Registration Data" Definition

Rosette, Kristina rosettek at amazon.com
Tue Feb 5 14:23:37 UTC 2019

All,

With apologies for the delay, I'm following up on a point I previously raised, namely, revising the definition of "registration data".

The Temp Spec  contains this definition:  "Registration Data" means data collected from a natural and legal person in connection with a domain name registration."

 The "in connection with" language is so broad and vague that it could be interpreted to data that registrars and registries would not consider to be registration data such as billing data, account creation data, and the like.

RySG  proposes to revise the definition to reference the relevant data elements:  "Registration Data" means the data elements identified in Annex [X], collected from a natural and legal person in connection with a domain name registration."  (Annex [X] would then identify the relevant data elements, as carried over from the whatever becomes the final version of Recommendation 4).  Additional text is in bold and italics.

RrSG supports this proposed revised definition.

Happy to answer any questions.  Many thanks.

Kristina Rosette
Senior Corporate Counsel, IP - Domains
rosettek at amazon.com<mailto:rosettek at amazon.com> | 703.407.1354