[Gnso-epdp-team] EPDP Consensus Call #2

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Fri Feb 8 08:14:59 UTC 2019

Kurt and all,

On the consensus call for batch number 2, my response is largely similar to what Matt provided on behalf of registrars.

*       Recommendation #2 – support as written
*       Recommendation #3 – support as written
*       Recommendation #15 – I cannot support as written due to the reference to maintaining the requirements of the temporary specification without clear citation as to what sections are expect to be maintained followed by text that then modifies sections of the temporary specification the recommendation just said should be maintained.  If this recommendation was re-written to contain the full exact text we are recommending become policy (until superseded by recommendations from RPM or phase 2 of this ePDP), then I expect I would be able to support this.
*       Recommendation #16 – support as written
*       Recommendation #18 – support as written
*       Recommendation #19 – I cannot support as written recommending that the language of the temporary specification be maintained.  Section 7.4 of the temporary specification and the supplemental procedures referenced in Appendix G deal with the transfer policy.  I expect I would be able to support this recommendation if the text was updated to incorporate that language into the final report.
*       Recommendation #20 – support as written
*       Recommendation #21 – support as written
*       Recommendation #6 – I am fine with the language as written, however I note that this recommendation depends on the Data elements table, which is still being worked on.  I don’t think it’s appropriate to have a final consensus call on this one until working group members have had a chance to review the final version of that data elements table.
*       Consent to publish (new) – I agree with Matt that this language needs to be clarified that it is a consent to publish by the Registrar.  My recollection of the discussion on this recommendation is that is in line with what we agreed to.  We discussed that the flow of consent (and its potential withdrawal) from the registrar to the registry is problematic and unnecessary as the desired result can be accomplished by the Registrar publishing the data.

Thank you,

Marc