[Gnso-epdp-team] Legal Advice Received

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Sat Feb 16 21:31:37 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone:

I have attached the two latest legal memoranda from Bird & Bird that the EPDP Legal Team has decided to pass on to the full team without comment.

The two memoranda answer our questions about:
Data Accuracy requirements, and
City name redaction / publication

I will take the liberty of noting that the "City Name” memo identifies that data element as personal data and then indicates that additional research is required to  determine if there is a legal basis for its publication. To me, this fits well with the current recommendation to redact the city name field pending result of additional; independent legal input. Currently, the report reflects the divergence of opinion on this recommendation.

We are authorizing Bird & Bird to complete the research. We are currently waiting for an answer regarding geographical aspects.

Any questions you have can be posed to the EPDP Legal Team or can also be forwarded to Bird and Bird.

Best regards,

Kurt