[Gnso-epdp-team] Consensus Designations

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Feb 20 11:52:58 UTC 2019

Thank you, Kurt, for your work here. I know it is not always easy to assess consensus, and there are many different definitions floating around.

However, I strongly agree with Milton's comments on this matter. On page 12 of our charter it states, "For the purpose of assessing consensus, and in order to reflect and respect the current balance and bicameral structure of the GNSO Council, the Chair shall apply necessary and appropriate weight to the positions of the respective GNSO SGs and Cs at Council level ... the CPH, NCSG, or any SG or C that does not fulfil its entire membership allowance must not be disadvantaged as a result during any assessment of consensus."

Our charter is very clear - we must respect the "current balance and bicameral structure of the GNSO Council" when measuring consensus. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ayden Férdeline