[Gnso-epdp-team] ICANN Org Questions - draft assessment and topics for further discussion

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Fri Jan 25 07:07:40 UTC 2019

Dear All,

The staff support team went through the ICANN Org questions that were submitted in December in relation to the Temporary Specification provisions and the impact of the EPDP Team’s recommendations on those, especially in those case where the team’s recommendations are currently silent. Having gone through the table, it is our assessment that most of the questions have, or are being addressed, or are expected to be addressed in the context of implementation. However, there are a couple of topics where EPDP Team guidance may be necessary so that appropriate provisions can be made in the Initial Report and/or during implementation.

Attached you will find the draft assessment (last column on each tab). Of course, if you disagree with the assessment and/or identify additional topics that require EPDP Team consideration, please flag those by Wednesday 30 January.

The topics that may require further guidance are:

  *   RDAP and SLAs – what recommendations and/or guidance needs to be included in the Final Report, or is this to be addressed during implementation?
  *   Bulk data registration access to ICANN – should the requirements in the Temp Spec be confirmed by the EPDP Team in the Final Report?
  *   Process for amendments to Registry – Registrar agreements – should the process in the Temp Spec be confirmed as a policy recommendation, or is this to be addressed during implementation?
  *   Does the ‘consent’ provision in the Temporary Specification require confirmation in the Final Report or is this to be addressed during implementation as consent is already defined in the GDPR?
  *   RDDS Search Capabilities - should the requirements in the Temp Spec be confirmed by the EPDP Team in the Final Report or is this to be further considered in phase 2?

You are encouraged to share your perspectives on these topics on the mailing list prior to next Thursday’s meeting where we hope to run through these items, and any other topics that may have been flagged, to close on these items. The leadership team may also identify further items for discussion.

Best regards,

Caitlin, Berry and Marika

Marika Konings
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>

Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.