[Gnso-epdp-team] Extreme workload warning!
kurt at kjpritz.com
Mon Jan 28 21:09:29 UTC 2019
Hi James and everyone:
I got it.
I am at NamesCon and spent the ride to the airport this morning on a EPDP staff call and have been hold up in my room typing up legal issues since I arrived. I haven’t sold (or bought) a domain name yet.
The additional sessions are not a requirement; invitations were sent as placeholders as a heads up, but there is no confirmation yet on whether we go ahead with these or whether they are needed. Let’s discuss the go-forward plan on the call tomorrow - although we might not have a Plan B in place by then - we can at least generate a joint understanding of status and final objective.
Thanks (Stephanie and James) for this interjection.
> On Jan 28, 2019, at 12:57 PM, James M. Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com> wrote:
> I’d like to echo Stephanie’s concerns, below.
> After two weeks of being AWOL (ePDP Toronto and GNSO Los Angeles), my employer is anxious for me to turn my attention to my real job. I will not be joining the additional sessions next week, nor do I recall our discussing or agreeing to this ask.
> James Bladel
> From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org <mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca <mailto:stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca>>
> Date: Monday, January 28, 2019 at 11:08
> To: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org <mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org <mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>>
> Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] Extreme workload warning!
> Dear fellow EPDP members and staff:
> While I understand that we have a deadline to meet, and we do not wish to push any more work than absolutely necessary to the next phase of our WHOIS policy development, I would like to push back on the amount of activity that we are now expected to join over the next couple of weeks in order to push the EPDP final report over the finish line. Many of us have busy lives beyond ICANN, and cannot drop everything to attend 4 three hour plenary meetings a week, let alone the other small team meetings (and respond to the list). Given that we have achieved really only a modest level of consensus on our policy recommendations to date, I would like to register a very strong warning that we will not accept changes to the text that have not been agreed in full committee with full attendance. This appears to be a golden opportunity for those who are being paid to work full time on lobbying for certain outcomes, to insert or reinsert their favorite language into the text. In the name of maintaining the integrity of the multi-stakeholder process, flawed as it undoubtedly is, let us resist this and accept the fact that we cannot fix in our last couple of weeks what we lingered over for months.
> Kind regards,
> Stephanie Perrin
> Chair NCSG
> Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
> Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org <mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/gnso-epdp-team <https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/gnso-epdp-team>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team