[Gnso-epdp-team] [Ext] Re: Recommendation 1 Purpose 1 - RrSG Comments
trang.nguyen at icann.org
Tue Jan 29 02:13:52 UTC 2019
Regarding your first question, the processing activity is publication of the public WHOIS data, which may contain personal data.
Regarding your second question, apologies for the incorrect link. Please refer to this link instead, which lists other dispute policies/procedures: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/dndr-2012-02-25-en.
From: Theo Geurts <gtheo at xs4all.nl>
Date: Monday, January 28, 2019 at 7:03 AM
To: Trang Nguyen <trang.nguyen at icann.org>, Sarah Wyld <swyld at tucows.com>, "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] Recommendation 1 Purpose 1 - RrSG Comments
Can you be more specific about the processing activity in your first question?
Purpose 6, is focused on disputes, I am not sure why the rest should be in scope?
On 26-1-2019 1:38, Trang Nguyen wrote:
Regarding Recommendation #1, ICANN org has the following questions and would appreciate clarification from EPDP Team:
* There are processing activities related to public WHOIS, which could contain personal data, it would be helpful if the EPDP Team could clarify which purpose(s) this processing activity would fall under.
* Purpose 6: Does the text of this purpose mean that registration data could no longer be used for policies and procedures not specified in the purpose, such as those policies and procedures listed at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/appendix-11-2013-07-08-en [icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_appendix-2D11-2D2013-2D07-2D08-2Den&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=NghSLFqweTwAOFMJpbYA3LcVJ0Vvvw6-wxrKoS5l6VY&m=eJTriVxuWWNcLigCNXUYdld6K-wIP8x1jRQdDu7rI6M&s=UuUEEDwHjSmaVI1LxLWiTfyOlo5wDtAV8LPSFlqyp7o&e=>?
Dan & Trang
ICANN Org Liaisons
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org><mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Sarah Wyld <swyld at tucows.com><mailto:swyld at tucows.com>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM
To: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org"<mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org> <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org><mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] Recommendation 1 Purpose 1 - RrSG Comments
For Recommendation 1 Purpose 1, the RrSG has the following comments:
* Rename this to: Further Processing of Data.
* Within the ICANN context we want to process data collected for a different purpose to be further processed for research purposes
* What is research within the ICANN context? And does it have scientific purposes?
* Is the ARS Reporting system research, or as the name indicates a reporting system that flags possible incorrect data? And is this not already in scope of the GDPR?
* Art 89 and relevant recitals in scope due to whatever research is within the ICANN context?
* Depending on the research do Art 17 and 21 apply?
* In short with the above in mind, what does the WG think is research and does it require processing of personal data?
Domains Product Team
+1.416 535 0123 Ext. 1392
Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team