[Gnso-epdp-team] Reminder - input on mind map and questions coming out of ICANN64 meeting

Thomas Rickert epdp at gdpr.ninja
Thu Mar 28 19:31:50 UTC 2019

All,
Please find below the ISPCP’s input:

Please see the request fo input below. It would be great if you could share your views and requests at your earliest convenience.

> How should the team prioritize going forward?

The work in phase 2 can be put into three categories:

1. Development of a Universal Disclosure Model in response to requests pertaining to civil claims.
2. Disclosure of data pertaining to law enforcement requests.
3. Questions pushed to phase 2 from phase 1.

According to these categories, we can create three work tracks numbered as above.

Given the public debate, there seems to be a lot of interest in topic 1, which is why I would suggest to schedule meetings in the following sequence: work track 1, work track 2, work track 1, work track 3. That would give work track 2 emphasis.

> What next steps should be taken in relations to the dependencies identified?

The negotiation and finalization of the data protection agreements required according to our phase 1 report are a prerequisite for much of our work in phase 2. ICANN and the contracted parties should start working on those asap and - whilst not making the contents of their discussions public, share information on an envisaged delivery date and progress.

> What should be the next steps in relation to the legal guidance to date?

Legal memos received to date should be discussed by the EPDP Team.
Legal guidance should be sought on the possibility of an accreditation-based disclosure system as such. Further, the question of disclosure to non-EU law enforcement based on Art 6 I f GDPR should be presented to legal counsel.

> What is the target date for publication of the Initial Report that the EPDP Team is aiming to work toward?

18 months form the first meeting would be an ambitious goal, but could be a target.

Best,
Thomas