[Gnso-epdp-team] European Commission comments on Phase 1 report - additional information

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri May 3 13:16:48 UTC 2019

I totally support this suggestion from Volker.  This is indeed the logical way to proceed, and we have over many years received a great deal of advice from the DPAs to do exactly this.  Isolating the purpose, legal authorities, and methodologies required for lawful access to personal information of each jurisdiction and actor (eg police vs the dog catcher vs the banking regulatory body) will doubtless prove to be instructive, and help determine the kinds of analysis we need to apply in the private sector, where the thresholds for disclosure are arguably higher.

Thanks for stating this Volker, in particular the underlined sentence needs to be pasted on the wiki so nobody forgets it.

Kind regards,

Stephanie Perrin