[Gnso-epdp-team] Expert briefing for the team

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Fri May 24 08:22:36 UTC 2019

Dear EPDP Team,

At the end of yesterday’s meeting, I touched on a topic that was brought up
by some of you in relation to external expert briefings. As several of you
may have dropped the call by that time, I thought it would be worth
restating it here.

I have been approached by Steve Crocker who has been working with some
other experts on a descriptive candidate framework for collection and
access of data. Although Steve’s work goes beyond what the EPDP is tasked
to do as it also includes ccTLDs and non-registration data, I am of the
view that the approach and thinking that has gone into it may be helpful in
the EPDP team’s deliberations and may stimulate some of our thinking.
Therefore, I would like to propose that we schedule a separate meeting
during which those interested could join and listen to Steve’s
presentation, which will hopefully be informative for team’s deliberations
on SSAD.

At the same time, if there are other briefings that you think are helpful,
I would encourage you to put this forward to the team with a brief
justification of the proposal. I hope you will find this suggestion
acceptable.

Best regards,

JK