[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Clarifying Legal Questions Table

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue May 28 20:30:21 UTC 2019

The question that has gone round and round is
whether, based on the requirement that data be
accurate "having regard to the purposes for which
they are processed", processors and controllers
have an obligation to ensure accuracy in the
absence of the data subject requesting a correction/change.

In my mind, the GDPR presumes the data subject
has an interest in having accurate data. Our
evidence is that this is not always the case.

Alan