[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Clarifying Legal Questions Table

Margie Milam margiemilam at fb.com
Thu May 30 16:46:10 UTC 2019

Georgios & All –

Thank you for the reply.   With regard to accuracy – please note that the latest accuracy report posted by ICANN in June, 2018 noted a decline in accuracy rates.  It reported that only 56% of domains passed all operability tests, a decrease from Cycle 5  (63% in Dec 2017).   With a 44% inaccuracy rate – this points to the need for us to examine whether the current rules/policies incorporated in the ICANN contracts are robust enough to produce a GDPR compliant system.

All the best,
Margie