[Gnso-epdp-team] "Abusive" use of SSAD

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Wed Oct 9 02:14:44 UTC 2019

Colleagues –

Following up with my homework from last Thursday, here is the non-exhaustive list of “abusive” SSAD behaviors.

I’ve been in discussions with Mark SV, and note that he has some concerns.  Expect his comments/edits in a separate message that will be a fast-follow to this post.

Thanks—

J.
-------------
James Bladel
GoDaddy

“Abusive” use of SSAD may include (but is not limited to) the following behaviors/practices:

1.     High volume submissions of malformed or incomplete requests.
2.     Frequent duplicate requests that were previously fulfilled or denied.
3.     Use of distributed or spoofed source addresses or platforms to circumvent quotas or rate limits.
4.      Use of false or counterfeit credentials to access the system.
5.      Storing/delaying and sending high volume requests with the intention of causing SSAD or other parties to fail SLA performance.
6.      Attempts or efforts to mine or harvest the data protected by SSAD.

As with other access policy violations, abusive behavior can result in suspension or termination of access to the SSAD.