[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed agenda - EPDP Team meeting #20 on Tuesday 24 September at 14.00 UTC

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Mon Sep 23 08:42:02 UTC 2019

Wjhile I appreciate the intent of this, this seems to be very difficult
to operationalize. Ideally, we would look at any one request once, maybe
twice if it is deficient in some way. Adding in all this overhead seems
to be a recipe for decreasing response times and increasing the time a
request spends in the queue.

Volker

Am 21.09.2019 um 20:41 schrieb Ayden Férdeline:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding building block k, I have alternate language that I would
> like to table for consideration please.
>
> _The language circulated in the below email is:_
>
> *Building Block k) */(Receipt of acknowledgement)/
>
> The EPDP Team recommends that, consistent with the EPDP Phase 1
> recommendations, the response time for acknowledging receipt of a SSAD
> request should be without undue delay, but not more than two (2)
> business days from receipt, unless shown circumstances does not make
> this possible.
>
> The response should also include information about the subsequent
> steps as well as the timeline consistent with the recommendations
> outlined below.
>

> _Proposed new language (changes in red):_
>
> *Building Block k) */(_A_cknowledgement_of request_)/
>
> The EPDP Team recommends that _upon receipt of an SSAD request, the
> receiving entity shall issue a Receipt Acknowledgement Letter which
> summarizes the applicant’s requests. This should happen without undue
> delay and, ideally, within two business days of the request being
> received by the receiving entity. This response shall include
> information about the subsequent steps to be taken as well as a
> timeline for its processing. Following the issuance of the Receipt
> Acknowledgement Letter, the applicant shall have a
> fourteen-calendar-day period within which it may make certain types of
> corrections to its request. This is to permit the applicant to correct
> data entry errors, change contact information, and to withdraw the
> request if it is no longer required. Similarly, the receiving entity
> of the request shall inform the data subject(s) whose personal
> information is sought, unless prohibited to make such a disclosure by
> law, and provide the data subject with a reasonable window of time and
> the opportunity within which they may object to their data being
> processed.
> _
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Ayden Férdeline

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.