[Gnso-epdp-team] ICANN Compliance use case

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 8 15:54:24 UTC 2020

One of the use cases in Mark's list that we never got to was that of
ICANN Contractual Compliance (CC).

I would like to propose that we include this in our final report.

The rationale is as follows:

- provision of current data to ICANN is a contractual requirement
- automated availability of such data will streamline and speed up
ICANN CC operations and will reduce the load on CPs.

To be specific, I am proposing that:

Requests for redacted RDS data fields from ICANN Contractual
Compliance, made in support of investigations associated with
compliance issues, be fully automated within the SSAD.

As far as I understand, CP are contractually obligated to respond to
such requests and therefore the automation does not expose them to
any additional risk. ICANN CC would of course be bound to only make
such requests in support of investigations and are bound to treat the
data just as they would if they had received it via today's manual channels.

Alan