[Gnso-epdp-team] Bird at Bird memo on data accuracy legal questions

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:35:31 UTC 2020

Dear Keith,

In following up on the Council’s direction to submit the pending data
accuracy legal questions to its outside counsel in order to help inform the
work of any future scoping team, the EPDP Team’s Legal Committee submitted
its agreed-upon questions to Bird & Bird. I am writing to inform you that
Bird & Bird has provided the attached memo in response.

As the accuracy topic is not on the EPDP Team’s critical path for delivery
of its Final Report on the System for Standardized Access/Disclosure, the
EPDP Team will not consider the legal guidance at this time. However, the
Phase 2 Legal Committee will review the guidance in order to determine if
any follow-up questions are warranted that may help inform a possible
scoping team to further consider this topic.

JK