[Gnso-epdp-team] Follow up - Beware of malicious emails

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Fri Aug 14 17:54:48 UTC 2020

Hello again!

After reporting this to our tech team, they responded with the request and instructions below. Thank you for your help!
We encourage people to report any suspicious messages to us. We appreciate these reports as they help us gauge the current threat landscape. We ask that users submit a copy of the full email message they received, with headers. In Outlook, this can be accomplished with the following steps:

  1.  Right-click (two-fingered click on your trackpad, or Option+Click) the desired message and select View Source toward the bottom of the list
  2.  A TextEdit window will appear. Go to the File menu at the top right. Hold the Option key and select Save As...
  3.  Save with a descriptive filename to your Desktop, then quit TextEdit with Command+Q. Send this text file to tech support as an attachment. (send to gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org> and we can forward to tech support for you)

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Julie