[Gnso-epdp-team] Simple clarification proposal for the initial report.

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Mon Feb 3 09:37:25 UTC 2020

Agree with the general principle of including language to that effect on
p 10.

Volker

Am 02.02.2020 um 21:23 schrieb Mueller, Milton L:

> All:
>
> I’ve been reviewing the draft report. On p 10 we are supposed to be
> setting out the basic principles underlying the SSAD model.
>
> In fact, we never quite do that. We need to state right there that we
> have adopted a hybrid model, which involves a centralized point for
> accreditation and for the receipt of queries, but that disclosure
> decisions that are made by the contracted party who is holding the
> data. We need to state that simply and clearly. I propose the
> following language for the first bullet:
>
> • Requests for redacted data are made to a centralized gateway
> administered by ICANN, which also accredits entities to make queries.
> Disclosure decisions are made by the contracted parties maintaining
> the data.
>
> None of the other principles make any sense until this is stated.
> E.g., the first bullet point talks about automation but automation of
> what? Queries, authorization, disclosure? The second bullet point
> talks about "further streamlining and standardizing of disclosure
> requests" but this makes no sense unless we have made it clear that
> the model involves a centralized point for disclosure requests and
> decentralized disclosure decisions.
>
> Further down on p 11, in describing the benefits, we do say that there
> is a single point for making requests, but the P. 10 summary is what
> most people will read first as the basic elements of the model, so we
> need to make it clear there.
>
> I think this addition is pretty noncontroversial and hope we can go
> ahead with it.
>
> Dr. Milton L Mueller
>
> Georgia Institute of Technology
>
> School of Public Policy
>
> IGP_logo_gold block

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.