[Gnso-epdp-team] ABA Resolution on Registration Data

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Thu Feb 20 20:15:30 UTC 2020

Hello all,

On Monday, February 17 the American Bar Association's House of Delegates passed the attached resolution as official ABA policy. In short, the ABA supports a requestor's right to compulsory disclosure of registrant contact information based on alleged violation of IP law.

While this is certainly not dispositive, it is informative for our work. Since we are starved for legal certainty, it is helpful to know the views of the largest organization of attorneys in the US (and in the world). As always, it remains our prerogative to decide how this input influences our policy decisions.

In the interest of transparency, I learned of this resolution from a colleague outside of the ICANN community who is involved with this work, and I did not personally have anything to do with the ABA policy.

Brian J. King
Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs

T +1 443 761 3726
markmonitor.com<http://www.markmonitor.com>

MarkMonitor
Protecting companies and consumers in a digital world