[Gnso-epdp-team] IPC Proposal for Day 1 Automation
Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Mon Jan 27 20:52:12 UTC 2020
Hello EPDP Team,
Please find below our first proposal for automated disclosure.
Trademark Infringement in Domain Name
1. Accreditation Authority determines that the trademark is valid.
2. Accreditation Authority determines that Requestor is the legal owner, agent, or service provider of the trademark.
1. Requestor alleges that the domain name infringes Requestor's trademark.
2. Requestor states its own legal basis and purpose for processing the data. Requestor makes a syntactically correct and complete request, including any/all required Authorization Assertions. Requestor makes all representations required by policy: use will be limited to stated purpose, data retention, etc.
3. Domain string contains exact match of trademark string (potentially including prefix or suffix, e.g. "nike-shoes.TLD" or "cheap-nike.TLD").
Additional Noteworthy Safeguards
1. Registrant committed not to infringe the rights of third parties in its registration agreement, as required by the RA and RAA.
2. Registrant was informed at the time that its data was collected that it could be processed for third-party purposes, including intellectual property protection.
In these cases, disclosure can be automated.
Brian J. King
Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs
T +1 443 761 3726
Protecting companies and consumers in a digital world
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team