[Gnso-epdp-team] SSAD Use Cases which are automatable

Mark Svancarek (CELA) marksv at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 30 20:21:49 UTC 2020

Next version will be better.  Thanks.!

________________________________
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Mueller, Milton L <milton at gatech.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:14:34 AM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Gnso-epdp-team] FW: SSAD Use Cases which are automatable

Mark,

Basically, you have confused all “cases in which the data controller should disclose” with “cases where disclosure should be automatic merely by making a request”

Let me remind you that “automatic” means _no awareness_ and _no possibility of intervention_ by the contracted party holding the data.

They guaranteed tunnels into the CP’s data.

I would agree that in most of the cases you cite the CP probably should make a disclosure decision, and almost certainly would if the conditions were right. But they still need to have oversight over whether those conditions are met, and that prevents full automation.