[Gnso-epdp-team] IPC/BC/RySG and others: requesting an extension on can't live with items

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Fri Jul 10 13:06:01 UTC 2020

Hello EPDP Staff and Leadership,

On behalf of the IPC/BC/RySG and other groups who I know feel similarly but with whom we have not yet been able to caucus officially:

We have been diligently working through the report during this silent week, and many of us have found it quite challenging to provide thoughtful and constructive comments on each recommendation in this short a timeframe. While we work recommendation-by-recommendation, many of us are also grappling with the report as a whole, and we need time to confer within our constituencies to understand which are our most pressing “can’t live with” items, and to come up with creative solutions if needed to come to consensus.

We note that many of our most challenging and contentious issues were the ones discussed most recently. Taking just five or so days to review new language on our most important issues with our constituencies has proven to be quite challenging, if not impossible. Frankly, it would not do justice to all the hard work we have put in to get this far if we rush through the most important parts, particularly if consensus will depend on more thoughtful review and constructive conversation.

In light of the difficulty to accomplish substantive review and discussion in the requested timeframe, and with the goal of achieving consensus in Phase 2, we would like to request an additional two weeks to work through our “can’t live with” items. If granted, we can commit to providing thoughtful, constructive suggestions on any remaining items by COB on Friday, July 24.

Thank you for your consideration.

Brian J. King​
Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs, IP Group

T +1 443 761 3726​
clarivate.com​
[D39D107B]

Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential information from Clarivate. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.