[Gnso-epdp-team] Updated Supplemental information to EPDP Phase 2a
Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi
Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Tue Apr 13 12:56:57 UTC 2021
Thank you to ICANN org for the additional research in relation to the ccTLDs' registration directory service policies. Having briefly looked at Appendix A, I would like to share with you some observations
· None of the ccTLDs who differentiate between the data of legal and natural persons don't differentiate between the registrants' types.
· Two ccTLD registries do not differentiate between the publication of the data of the legal and natural persons because they publish the data of both.
· Four ccTLD registries neither make a differentiate between the registrants' types nor the registrants' registration data.
· The rest of the ccTLDs who do not differentiate between the publication of the data still differentiate between the registrants' types.
· It is unclear whether the ccTLD of Slovakia differentiates between the publication of the data. However the registry differentiates between the registrants' types (Legal/natural)
From the policies' summary, it is clear that in order to look into the issue of differentiating between the processing of the data of legal and natural persons, we need to consider at least two types of differentiation. The first is the differentiation between the registrants' types, which does not necessary lead to the publication of the data and the second is the differentiation between the data type.
From: Gnso-epdp-team [mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Brian Gutterman via Gnso-epdp-team
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 5:22 PM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] Updated Supplemental information to EPDP Phase 2a
Dear EPDP Team Members,
In its 3 March 2021 response<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2021-March/003716.html> to the EPDP Phase 2A Team, ICANN org provided additional information in response to questions asked by the Phase 2A Team during the 26 January 2021 webinar on the Legal and Natural Person Study. In presenting the additional information on 18 March 2021<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=158140502>, ICANN org received questions regarding the ccTLDs’ policies pertaining to the public interest basis for processing registration data as well as the registry operators’ policies on a natural person’s option to consent to have their registration data publicly available. ICANN org has conducted some additional research to answer these questions and has updated the Appendix A document with its findings. Specifically, the results were added to columns I and K of Appendix A, which includes quotes from the corresponding policy, if any.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions regarding this updated information.
Brian, Amy, Jared, Karen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team