[Gnso-epdp-team] On the proposed guidance

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Thu Apr 15 12:34:50 UTC 2021

I think we need to be cognisant of the current status quo and use that as
the basis for our thoughts on the matter:

1) There is no differentiation between legal or natural contacts.
2) The redaction of all contacts is permitted and has become the de-facto
standard.
3) We allow consent-based disclosure.
4) NIS 2 may at some point in the future require publication of
non-personal information.

This leads to two very simple follow-on questions:
a) How do we identify such non-personal information? What is really
necessary for this end?
b) What would publication entail?

For a) we and Twobirds identified voluntary self-declaration of the data
submitted. As all data is redacted by default, the differentiation of the
data subject category is irrelevant as it ultimately only boils down to the
declaration of the data subject thatthe data contains no personal
information.

For b), the term "publish" is undefined. For all we know, it could mean
publication in a physical print edition (it doesn't mean that though). But
publication within SSAD can very well be sufficient for that definition.
There is no reason whatsoever to assume differently.

--
Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Oliver Fries and Robert Birkner

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended only for
the person(s) directly addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, transmission, distribution, or other forms of
dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
email with any files that may be attached.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>