[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed agenda - EPDP Phase 2A Meeting #16 - 22 April 2021

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Tue Apr 20 19:46:00 UTC 2021


Following up Caitlin’s note below, I’m calling out three action items for the EPDP Team’s attention before Thursday’s plenary:

1.      Review the Bird & Bird memo on the feasibility of unique contacts; be prepared to engage on Thursday with any questions/comments.
2.      Review the latest version of the Legal/Natural write up and start preparing for the “can’t live with” discussion as we work toward draft text for the Initial Report.
3.      Contribute your homework assignment input to the voluntary guidance vs. new consensus policy requirements document.

Also, as a reminder, next week we will begin twice-weekly plenary sessions on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 1400 UTC.

Thanks in advance.


From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Caitlin Tubergen via Gnso-epdp-team
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 3:00 PM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed agenda - EPDP Phase 2A Meeting #16 - 22 April 2021

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear EPDP Team,

Below, please find the agenda for the next EPDP Phase 2A plenary meeting. Please review the feasibility memo<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1HeFdAD4wSQUJiKsjwCNmpNnTGywMp0AYw0h68SDaFaeV9it-YbXSeuiSuM_6WqdJU8IA-MgUeEeeOIi2uU0kD1GCkb8c8cupMdJImHWPiRg6VIcQlM2QugGGCC1S8tRalNuawpw5lP_GNcy01BSzXbv49cnrVz3NE4L7TAA_xp7muor_pOsD6Xsr3F5PQpFR9x6BrmzwB3SNVSBYCzRgb8y-zqoVncXuTid-wUqo9nCHOnlEznlchM4_uKPmJy-P/https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.icann.org%2Fdisplay%2FEOTSFGRD%2FEPDP%2B-P2A%2BLegal%2Bsubteam%3Fpreview%3D%2F155191493%2F161808925%2FICANN%2520-%2520EPDP%2520Phase%25202a%2520-%2520Follow%2520up%2520memo%2520re%2520contact%2520masking%2520-%252020210409.docx> in advance of the meeting.

Additionally, please take note of the outstanding action item: EPDP Team to respond to questions outlined in the google doc in relation to the question of whether or not changes should be made to existing requirements by Wednesday 21 April and come prepared to the meeting on 22 April to provide a high level summary of the responses provided.

Best regards,

Berry, Marika, and Caitlin


EPDP Phase 2A - Meeting #16

Proposed Agenda

Thursday 22 April 2021 at 14.00 UTC

1.                    Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)

2.                    Welcome & Chair updates (Chair) (5 minutes)

*       Update from the legal committee – outstanding question

3.                    Feasibility of unique contacts (30 minutes)

i.      Whether or not unique contacts to have a uniform anonymized email address is feasible, and if feasible, whether it should be a requirement.
ii.     If feasible, but not a requirement, what guidance, if any, can be provided to Contracted Parties who may want to implement uniform anonymized email addresses.

a.       EPDP Team to consider responses provided by Bird & Bird (see here<https://secure-web.cisco.com/19Pp1Z17J4dfwwz0ZG5nt5SM3HuNz_QescoRkX0KZhfqYHCd0IxieigV0jkNWLwkYHpjRqAEPrDB-5NROy7zgzr0FsjSf7eUWmLxGskfYtetsqXLdynCE_Gv_ooW1yPXL1qTEKvzvSOfzPQFryvoJXnYS_SJ61GTcafLrxfoUJg7C1384Gx_UsnFTxVJVS6AX4DOLLG1dyKBayyaIvPGItHIRDUZxsk7od9bETnNEPQOJtdV6J1OLHM9cttsJ1_EI/https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.icann.org%2Fdownload%2Fattachments%2F155191493%2FICANN%2520-%2520EPDP%2520Phase%25202a%2520-%2520Follow%2520up%2520memo%2520re%2520contact%2520masking%2520-%252020210409.docx%3Fversion%3D1%26modificationDate%3D1618239470000%26api%3Dv2>) as well as definitions<https://secure-web.cisco.com/15cYfD04qOTNZJGMMj4oO8TeOJZVkGpIyXFybGtgGdFrMp2KlHdCJTGrHHslsLsoG0QxgR0HYeuSEjsksA01jUrYARSYnrSLaRAP-wj9ykbWa58ypAxC-L3cxZyn9fb1AwBctiyLmDQY_V9zX60nhf8O4TK6SnOERgTKylkmToK1_yVJtI2k_cP58F0c9xy2_m-16CRv-jh9E25CmEAj6brG-tvuJOgFVVRr478LFrsUUQ2Uz4iA55B90NuPg6_YN/https%3A%2F%2Fmm.icann.org%2Fpipermail%2Fgnso-epdp-team%2F2021-February%2F003693.html> developed by legal committee

••••• Intro to memo and definitions developed by legal committee (Becky)

••••• EPDP Team to consider what new insights, if any, are provided that will facilitate a response to the question whether or not unique contacts to have a uniform anonymized email address is feasible.

••••• What are the next steps in developing a response for inclusion in the Initial Report?

4.                            Legal vs. natural (45 minutes)

i.      Whether any updates are required to the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation on this topic (“Registrars and Registry Operators are permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons, but are not obligated to do so“);
ii.     What guidance, if any, can be provided to Registrars and/or Registries who differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons.

Consideration of question i. Whether any updates are required to the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation on this topic (“Registrars and Registry Operators are permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons, but are not obligated to do so“);

a.         Each group to provide a high-level summary of responses to questions (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gMV29jRPQEFGv2psZ2py2_F8cr93OeeA/edit):

•••••• ALAC

•••••• BC

•••••• GAC

•••••• IPC

•••••• ISPCP

•••••• NCSG

•••••• RrSG

•••••• RySG

•••••• SSAC

b.         EPDP Team to consider next steps to develop response to question i.

c.         Confirm next steps

Guidance development

d.         Consider new issues flagged in the write up<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1whCpXHm3UPmJ-IDSbliveSkwxL679x2U/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs>:

•••••• Definition of “publish” (note, the write up currently includes the following definition “EPDP-p1-IRT: “Publication”, “Publish”, and “Published” means to provide Registration Data in the publicly accessible Registration Data Directory Services.”)

•••••• Any concern about moving “Distinguishing between legal and natural person data alone may not be dispositive, as the data provided by legal persons may include personal data that is protected under data protection law, such as GDPR” to the guidance section?

•••••• See 1d – what approach should be taken when a Registrant makes substantive changes to registration data?

•••••• Consider whether it would be helpful to add a timeline to scenario 2.

•••••• Consider whether scenario 3 should remain.

•••••• Other?

e.         Homework assignment – new version of write up<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a7MEle3_e-iXbaiZQV5wCD4Pv0414YjLtC2yxJEqbJc/edit?usp=sharing> has been developed by Staff Support team based on deliberations on B & B advice during last meeting and input received by deadline. Groups to review latest version and flag any concerns / issues by Friday 23 April at the latest. In the course of next week, ‘final’ draft version is expected to be circulated with the request for groups to flag any cannot live with items. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a7MEle3_e-iXbaiZQV5wCD4Pv0414YjLtC2yxJEqbJc/edit?usp=sharing)

5.      Wrap and confirm next EPDP Team meeting (5 minutes):

a.      EPDP Team Meeting #17 Tuesday 27 April at 14.00 UTC
b.      Confirm action items

a.      Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/attachments/20210420/e2fa5bb4/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Gnso-epdp-team mailing list