[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed EPDP Team Phase 2A Meeting Agenda - Tuesday 27 April at 14.00 UTC
marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Apr 26 13:41:23 UTC 2021
Dear EPDP Team,
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next EPDP Team Phase 2A meeting which is scheduled for Tuesday 27 April at 14.00 UTC.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
EPDP Phase 2A - Meeting #17
Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 14.00 UTC
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)
2. Welcome & Chair updates (Chair) (5 minutes)
* Next steps – reminder of proposed next steps as outlined here https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2021-April/003861.html
3. Legal vs. natural (60 minutes)
1. Whether any updates are required to the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation on this topic (“Registrars and Registry Operators are permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons, but are not obligated to do so“);
2. What guidance, if any, can be provided to Registrars and/or Registries who differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons.
a. Consider new issues flagged in latest version of the write up<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a7MEle3_e-iXbaiZQV5wCD4Pv0414YjLtC2yxJEqbJc/edit>:
* Any concern about moving “Distinguishing between legal and natural person data alone may not be dispositive, as the data provided by legal persons may include personal data that is protected under data protection law, such as GDPR” to the guidance section?
* See 1d – what approach should be taken when a Registrant makes substantive changes to registration data?
* Consider whether it would be helpful to add a timeline to scenario 2.
* Consider whether scenario 3 should remain.
* Definition of “publish” (note, the write up currently includes the following definition “EPDP-p1-IRT: “Publication”, “Publish”, and “Published” means to provide Registration Data in the publicly accessible Registration Data Directory Services.”)
* Any other issues flagged by deadline (Monday 26 April at 18.00 UTC)
b. Confirm next steps to finalize write up for inclusion in the Initial Report
4. Reminder of Homework assignments (5 minutes)
· Thursday’s EPDP Team meeting will focus on the question of whether any changes are warranted to the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation (“Registrars and Registry Operators are permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons, but are not obligated to do so”). Please come prepared to present your groups responses to the questions in the google doc (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gMV29jRPQEFGv2psZ2py2_F8cr93OeeA/edit). Please try to focus your interventions on the specific questions that were asked and come prepared to put forward specific (ideally textual) suggestions for how the group can develop a response to the charter question.
· By Friday 30 April<x-apple-data-detectors://5>, please put forward your group’s proposed response to the feasibility of unique contacts questions (i. Whether or not unique contacts to have a uniform anonymized email address is feasible, and if feasible, whether it should be a requirement. ii. If feasible, but not a requirement, what guidance, if any, can be provided to Contracted Parties who may want to implement uniform anonymized email addresses). Please note here that we have been given specific advice from B&B with a risk continuum, so we will work within that, and we will not entertain discussions seeking to obviate risk altogether. The staff support team has set up a google doc to provide your suggestions (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lqLOkF1jaA2NK1hmYtG4jiY4x7V432maFh1Xlv5UeBM/edit?usp=sharing). Based on the input received, leadership with the support of the staff support team will aim to develop proposed draft language for inclusion in the Initial Report.
5. Wrap and confirm next EPDP Team meeting (5 minutes):
1. EPDP Team Meeting #18 Thursday 29 April at 14.00 UTC
2. Confirm action items
1. Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team