[Gnso-epdp-team] SSAC response re EPDP homework - due Wed 24 February

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Wed Feb 24 15:57:04 UTC 2021

Volker,

It seems to me the intent and purpose of the law is to protect the privacy
of individuals, i.e. natural persons, when they are acting in their
capacity as an individual.  If they are acting in a capacity related to a
business, it is under the control of the business how to present contact
information.  I think it is both overreach and impractical to tell
businesses they are not allowed to publish contact information for key
roles.  Businesses are very experienced in controlling how much data is
available about their key people.  For example, it is quite common for a
business to list board members and key executives on their web pages but
not to publish phone numbers, home addresses or even email addresses for
those people.

Steve