[Gnso-epdp-team] Chair Update - Initial Report

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Wed Jun 2 23:45:55 UTC 2021

Hi Keith,

Huge thanks to staff for the herculean effort in producing a report draft, especially with so many “can’t live with” items from the various groups. There is no doubt that the leadership team and staff worked hard to consolidate all the input and explain where there are differences of opinion, so commenters have that background as you say.

In many parts we did a great job in reflecting the views of the various groups. However, I must object to Preliminary Rec #1 stating conclusively that no changes are recommended. This reads like an agreed-upon position, when in fact most groups think that changes are needed (which is why we’re here in the first place). As such, this is simply inaccurate and must be corrected.

Perhaps as a cautionary tale for the future, as a more general observation about this EPDP since the beginning, we seem to be constantly scrambling and put up against tight deadlines which are often artificial or self-imposed. One man’s opinion for what it’s worth is that this has actually hindered our ability to collaborate and come to true consensus, not helped. Specific to Phase 2A, this is reflected in how Preliminary Rec #1 is drafted now which is categorically incorrect, at least as it pertains to the views of most groups represented here.

Brian King
He/Him/His
Head of Policy and Advocacy
​
T +1 443 761 3726
Time zone: US Eastern

clarivate.com<http://www.clarivate.com> | Accelerating innovation
Follow us on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/clarivate>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/clarivate?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/clarivate/> and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/clarivateofficial/?hl=en>