[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Phase 2A Meeting #11 - 18 March 2021

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Tue Mar 16 18:38:43 UTC 2021

Dear EPDP Team:

Please find below the proposed agenda for the upcoming EPDP Phase 2A meeting on Thursday, 18 March at 14:00 UTC.

Please also take note of the following outstanding action items<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qLMYb3HC7qGYPQveXbUq5ZSzvedrQ3t8AdVdrRIdrw/edit#gid=0>:

EPDP Team to review ICANN org's response<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=159482147> to the follow-up questions from their presentation and provide follow-up questions (if any) by Wednesday, 17 March.

EPDP Team to review the Guidance for Registrars When Distinguishing Registrant Type document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YyiBmtcpa5PxsPnKDXZFfU0WEPVhgjN5ySv9KvQb6Tw/edit?usp=sharing> and provide feedback within the document or on list in advance of the next meeting, as this will be a discussion item during the next plenary meeting.

EPDP team to review the comments provided within the Thought Experiment document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hf-Nt-VMznpGE4WZ7wWaHF8pXdm8qA28OW7Mjr4MH_A/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs> and provide additional feedback based on other teams' suggestions. Please note that while the recommendation portions of the document provide questions geared toward registrars, other teams are welcome to include sidebar comments in these sections also. ISPCP and BC to provide feedback.

Best regards,

Berry, Caitlin, and Marika

EPDP Phase 2A - Meeting #11
Proposed Agenda
Thursday 18 March 2021 at 14.00 UTC

1.                            Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)

2.                            Welcome & Chair updates (Chair) (5 minutes)

a.     Update on submission of legal committee questions to Bird & Bird (Becky)

3.                            Legal vs. natural (70 minutes)

  1.  Whether any updates are required to the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation on this topic (“Registrars and Registry Operators are permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons, but are not obligated to do so“);
  2.  What guidance, if any, can be provided to Registrars and/or Registries who differentiate between registrations of legal and natural persons.

a.       ICANN org supplemental information on legal / natural study

  *   Brief overview of supplemental information<https://community.icann.org/x/I4GBCQ> provided (ICANN org liaisons)
  *   EPDP Team questions & comments
  *   Confirm next steps, if any

Guidance development

b.       Review input provided on legal vs natural thought experiment

  *   See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hf-Nt-VMznpGE4WZ7wWaHF8pXdm8qA28OW7Mjr4MH_A/edit
  *   Teams to provide a brief summary of their main observations, focusing on new insights or ideas
  *   Confirm next steps

c.       Review input provided on RrSG proposal

  *   See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YyiBmtcpa5PxsPnKDXZFfU0WEPVhgjN5ySv9KvQb6Tw/edit
  *   Teams to provide a brief summary of their main observations, focusing on new insights or ideas
  *   Confirm next steps

d.       Development of guidance proposal(s)

  *   If/how should the broadly supported aspects of the different proposals (RrSG, proposal 1a and thought experiment) be brought together?
     *   One proposal or several?
     *   High level vs. detailed?
     *   How to allow for sufficient flexibility to accommodate different business models, while at the same time providing helpful insights to those that want to differentiate?
     *   Volunteers to take a first stab, or should the staff support team be tasked with developing a first draft?

4.                            Wrap and confirm next EPDP Team meeting (10 minutes):

  1.  Update to GNSO Council 24 March at 17.00 UTC by Chair and Council Liaison (open to observers)
  2.  EPDP Team Meeting #12 Thursday 25 March at 14.00 UTC.
  3.  Confirm action items
  4.  Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/attachments/20210316/a591f430/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Gnso-epdp-team mailing list