[Gnso-epdp-team] On the proposed guidance

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed Mar 24 21:36:31 UTC 2021

Ah, but the email address is usually correct and can be used for that
purpose as it was once verified and it continues to receive our reminders.
So contactability is not an issue. We also have account data that we can
use to contact registrants, so we don#t even actually need registration
data for that purpose.
Further, we will act on any indication that the data is incorrect. The
provision of stolen data is unpreventable. No matter how high the barriers
thrown up against it, the criminals will find a way around.

Finally, we treat the data subjects of the stolen data as the actual domain
owners under the legal principle of agency without authority, provided they
retroactively approve the transaction. That way they can agree to the
deletion if necessary or transfer it to their own management. So for all
intents and purposes, even the false data is accurate.

--
Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Oliver Fries and Robert Birkner

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended only for
the person(s) directly addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, transmission, distribution, or other forms of
dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
email with any files that may be attached.