[GNSO-EPDPP2-SmallTeam] EPDP Phase 2 Small Team - Preliminary Report to Council

Sebastien at registry.godaddy Sebastien at registry.godaddy
Mon Apr 4 09:03:36 UTC 2022

Dear EPDP Phase 2 Small Team members,

Thank you for your review of the preliminary report and latest version of the proof of concept outline & requirements. Based on the input, I have asked the staff support team to do the following:

  1.  Accept the edits that Sarah suggested for the preliminary report as these are in line with the comments and input that have been provided on the ODA;
  2.  Add a footnote to the proof of concept outline & requirements to indicate that “simplified” does not equate to simple, but should be seen in comparison to the SSAD development and implementation as outlined in the ODA. Of course, if at a later point we need to revisit the naming, we can do so.

In conveying the report, I will also make clear that even though most members seem to agree with the approach recommended, there are some who have expressed concerns but I believe those concerns have been considered and, at this point in time, do not seem to be shared with the majority of the group. Having said that, it is made clear that this is a preliminary report, so further updates are possible as a result of continued deliberations and review.

You will find attached the updated Preliminary Report. As there do not appear to be any further open items requiring discussion, I will request the staff support team to cancel today’s placeholder meeting.

The one missing item is the expected timing of the ICANN org input on the feasibility of the proof of concept approach. I am still hopeful that this information may be provided later today in which case it will be integrated into the report. My expectation is that after this input is provided, the small team will need to regroup to review whether based on the ICANN org input as well as potential further guidance from the GNSO Council, further updates need to be made to the report. As soon as we have further insight into this timing, further calls will be scheduled. Of course, if in the meantime there are further issues the group would like to discuss, feel free to flag these on the mailing list.

Kindly,

Sebastien Ducos
GoDaddy Registry | Senior Client Services Manager
[signature_3569488783]
+33612284445
France & Australia
sebastien at registry.godaddy<mailto:sebastien at registry.godaddy>