[GNSO-EPDPP2-SmallTeam] EPDP Phase 2 Small Team update

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Mar 15 12:53:28 UTC 2022

Dear All,

As a reminder, please see Sebastien’s message below. The proposed agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is as follows:

  1.  Welcome & Recap from ICANN63
  2.  In light of input provided on the google doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ip89qpS6D8bRWyA_rVFeT1ZCVEO3CQwr/edit?pli=1>, consider what further information is needed and how can it be obtained to allow the GNSO Council as well as the ICANN Board to confidently determine the cost / benefit and/or determine if modifications need to be made. Consider whether pilot is a viable approach addressing questions such as:
     *   What is such a pilot expected to prove / disprove?
     *   Which aspects of the SSAD recommendations would need to be part of such a pilot to provide essential insights, which ones are nice to have, and which ones are not relevant for a pilot?
     *   Which parties would need to partake in such a pilot to make the findings useful?
     *   What would be the success factors of such a pilot (i.e. what type of information must be part of the results of the pilot to allow for a determination on the cost/benefit of SSAD and/or what modifications could / should be made to change that balance, if deemed necessary and desirable)?
  3.  Meeting with GDPR Board Caucus – what topics would the small team like to discuss / obtain input on?
  4.  Confirm next meeting - Monday 21 March at 14.00 UTC joint meeting with GDPR Board Caucus / interested Board members (tentative) - Wednesday 23 March at 14.00 UTC Small team meeting

Best regards,

Marika