[GNSO-EPDPP2-SmallTeam] Reporting and Success Criteria

Yuko Yokoyama yuko.yokoyama at icann.org
Fri Jun 2 23:04:54 UTC 2023

Dear GNSO Small Team,

Apology for the multiple emails, but I wanted to update you on the success criteria and reporting criteria captured in the Council’s letter to the Board. I’ve consulted with ICANN org’s research department to gain better understanding.

The reporting criteria (highlighted in yellow: “Number of disclosure requests by requestor (e.g. x% of users generate xx% of requests and show significant breakdowns)”) was discussed among the team to determine if there is a way to be more precise, rather than using the examples with a percentage (x%). As we do not know the range of requests per requestor, we are unable to produce a specific number using percentages. Please consider this as final for now, but we will revisit once we the service is in operation and has real data.

Another thing I consulted with the Research department is about the success criteria #5:

“Sufficient number of requests are made by requestors so that statistically significant data can be obtained (note, a volume that is too low to provide significant data could still be considered a success as it may demonstrate lack of demand for the service but if there are sufficient requests, ideally this is of a level that statistically significant data can be derived from it)”

There is currently no defined “population” of requestors, or what may be considered a baseline, nor are there other data sets to compare for statistical significance. In other words, any amount of requests would be sufficient to calculate statistical significance.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Yuko Yokoyama
Program Director
Strategic Initiatives, Global Domains & Strategy

Direct Line:  +1 310 578 8693
Mobile: +1 310 745 1517
E-mail:  yuko.yokoyama at icann.org<mailto:yuko.yokoyama at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>