[gnso-gac-closed-generics] For feedback - non anti-competitive behaviour language

Kathy Kleiman Kathy at KathyKleiman.com
Sun Apr 16 17:39:21 UTC 2023

Hi Sophie,

I'm not sure I am following all of your edits, and I would certainly
like to, especially as Melissa is now asking for an up or down vote.

Could you kindly share with us your version of III(2)(g) as it would
exist with all of the edits you propose below?  I provide a clean
version of our current version below.

Also, are you proposing edits to any other section than the current
III(2)(g)?  If so, could you show us exactly where those edits would be
and how the section would read?

Best and many tx!!

Kathy

----------------  Current Framework v.2 - Application III(2)(g)
-----------------------

a.​​[UNDER DISCUSSION] *Demonstrate the requirement of
representativeness OR of non anti-competitive behavior. *

1.*For “representativeness”,  applicants must demonstrate that the
applicant represents all or a significant part of the businesses (or has
their agreement) in the industry or grouping related to the closed
generic term. *

2.*For “non anti-competitive behavior”, applicants must commit that its
use of this closed generic gTLD will be consistent with principles of
competitive neutrality, non-discrimination and transparency. [Now deleted:*

o"Representativeness" may be demonstrated by showing support​ from ​a
significant part ​OR the whole of that group ​​that considers itself
described by th​e closed generic​ term. (This criterion can be
fulfilled, for example, by​ the applicant being​ an umbrella
organization of the industry in question​.)​

oThe application must show that significantly "interested parties,"
including competitors, have been consulted and engaged for input prior
to submission of the application.

oShould an applicant need to demonstrate that it has the support of its
peers/competitors to operate the closed generic gTLD?