[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Closed Generics Hybrid Meeting Outputs and Schedule of Work

Melissa Peters Allgood melissa.allgood at icann.org
Fri Feb 3 20:51:26 UTC 2023

Hello,

I hope you’ve all made it home safely. Many thanks again for a productive hybrid meeting.

Facilitator’s Document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16peOOMO3v2eS4LlVHbZlrSFN4Wt_KpfQ4ETMBDyPLmY/edit>
Using the link above you will find a summary of your work during the hybrid meeting. This document details where you’ve found shared understanding, as well as areas that might need further work. This document is intended only for the Closed Generics Dialogue group.

Based on these inputs, we’ve created a schedule of work that should take us to ICANN77. With the exception of our 6 February meeting, we will spend the bulk of our upcoming time focused on building the framework for Block 1. This schedule of work is also found in your google drive<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9itW1z1seW5AmtrlLEU0m23HsCiLzXraj_I0talDxI/edit>.

Week of February 6
We will meet on Monday, 6 February to discuss how to build the framework of Block 3, Contracting & Post-Delegation.

You will receive Asynchronous Work #7, which will ask you to identify what is missing from current definitions and how you propose to address the identified gap(s).

Week of 13 February
We will meet on Tuesday, 14 February to discuss outstanding Public Interest considerations, including whether a stated public interest(s) must also serve a broader public interest – OR – if the standard should be to do no harm to the broader public interest. Our goal is shared understanding of how the public interest should be considered in the application.

You will receive Asynchronous Work #8, which will ask you to identify how an applicant should address threats, risks, and/or disadvantaged sectors.

Week of 20 February
We have no meeting scheduled, as our normal Monday meeting times fall on a US holiday. Continue working on Asynchronous Work #7 and #8.

Week of 27 February
We will meet on Monday, 27 February  to discuss Asynchronous Work #7. Our goal is shared understanding of how relevant terms should be considered in the application.

Week of 6 March
We will meet on Monday, 6 March to discuss Asynchronous Work #8. Our goal is shared understanding of how an applicant should address threats, risk and/or disadvantaged sectors.

We will meet in a hybrid session on 11 March to continue Block 2 discussions.

We have also taken your request to use 2012 Use Cases to stress test the framework and hope to build that into future work.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend. See you Monday.

All the best,
Melissa