[gnso-gac-closed-generics] A Public Interest vs the Global Public Interest

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Wed Feb 15 06:34:53 UTC 2023

I‘m also ok with exploring this, although I see the GPI as first, something the closed generics *framework* has to be consistent with, and, second, as an outer boundary for any application, i.e. no application may be inconsistent with the GPI. The main burden for the applicant is nonetheless to demonstrate that the applied for string serves A public interest… and as we have said before, this entails to demonstrate what public interest is to be served, how, and why a „closed generic“ is needed in that respect - with measurable elements that will be mirrored and reviewed periodically by ICANN during the lifespan of the delegation.

kindly
jorge