[gnso-gac-closed-generics] "A Public Interest" v. "The Global Public Interest" - Question / Comment on Asynchronous Work #6

Arnaud Franquinet arnaud.franquinet at gandi.net
Tue Jan 17 17:44:48 UTC 2023

Yes, Jeff. Thank you for your comment. I support. I wasn't comfortable with "The Global Public Interest".

I took a look at the Beijing note. In fact, it seems that the price of exclusivity is a public interest goal, and
yes it’s different from The Global Public Interest. But frankly, when I saw the list, I don't understand what
can be the public interest for .cruise or .game or .mobile or .shop... I'm not sure I understand what public
interest actually means in fact.
And we talk about exclusive access, is it the same as closed TLDs?

Discussions in perspective for next week !
Arnaud