[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Closed Generics Preparation for 7 June Meeting

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Tue Jun 6 15:58:09 UTC 2023

Thank you Sophie.  I think this was really well done and i can support it.  It brings together what I have been trying to say the whole time which is that we must respect all of the work that has already been done on these issues previously by SubPro as well as considers the uniqueness of what we are discussing.

SubPro worked extremely hard for nearly five years to come up with recommendations that could be utilized in most situations including this one.   The point of SubPro and its recommendations, especially the overarching ones on predictability, was that we could easily incorporate new changes into the program without making wholesale alterations.  And as is evident in Sophie’s proposal, regardless of how unique we believe each new circumstance is, there can be ways to work within the already existing framework.

I support this proposal.