[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Draft Framework for Closed Generic gTLD & ICANN77 Sessions

jeff at jjnsolutions.com jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Thu Jun 8 14:49:17 UTC 2023

Does it seem odd to anyone in this group that the framework is being
presented by ICANN staff.  Does that send the right message that this
was a facilitated dialog  amongst community members.

Also, I know this is a late question, but are we even sure that ICANN
Org would support this type of framework and be able to implement it?

On that note, I would like to specifically make an ask to GDD staff that
they specifically respond during the public comment period with their
concerns or support or both.  We have learned that staff providing input
AFTER the policies are developed is too late for any meaningful changes,
and we do not want to repeat the unnecessary delays of having to have an
ODP after all the work is done.

So, I am specifically proposing a note to both ICANN Org and the Board
asking for their input during this meeting and during the brief comment
period!

Who is with me on that?