[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Updated Summary Report for the Closed Generics Facilitated Dialogue

Christian Wheeler christian.wheeler at icann.org
Wed Mar 8 01:45:21 UTC 2023

Hello all,

Thank you for your sharing your inputs and concerns regarding the Summary Report document.

We have attempted to address these concerns in the updated Summary Report, which is attached for your review. Please submit any objections you have to sharing this updated version by tomorrow, 17:00 PST March 8 (01:00 UTC March 9).

You will see there are 4 sections highlighted, noting where changes have been made based on feedback from the list. We kindly ask that you please keep your comments to these amendments and not any new items. The changes that have been made include:

  1.  Rewording the sentence about the GPI Framework.
  2.  Removing “individual” from “panel of individual evaluators”.
  3.  Under “Post-Delegation Phase”, adding more substance to the processes that the gTLD will undergo before delegation.
  4.  Removing the “within a set time frame” aspect from the “must begin operating in the intended manner” sentence for now, as it appears that there needs to be further discussion and alignment on this particular point, as well as checking against relevant SubPro recommendations. Please note that we have amended Section V of the Discussion Draft v2 document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtLVcyWhyrCaYl1iqlAncaIyrqpS--0aPCTjpwMue7I/edit?usp=sharing> to flag “within a set time frame” in brackets for further group discussion.

We hope these amendments are satisfactory and that this updated Summary Report feels ready to be shared with your communities.

Kind regards,
Christian (on behalf of the staff team supporting the facilitated dialogue)

-----
Christian Wheeler
Policy Development Support Analyst
www.icann.org