[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Closed Generics Homework & Update

Melissa Peters Allgood melissa.allgood at icann.org
Wed Mar 22 17:12:23 UTC 2023

Hi all,

It was lovely seeing most of you in Cancun and I hope you each made it home safely.

As previously mentioned, the Board has given this group a deadline and I ask you all remain focused on identifying an agreed framework for closed generic gTLDs for the duration of our time together. In support of your efforts, the group will work exclusively from Discussion Draft: Preliminary Framework for Closed Generic gTLDs v2.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtLVcyWhyrCaYl1iqlAncaIyrqpS--0aPCTjpwMue7I/edit>

Bearing all of this in mind, I thought it timely to reiterate the homework and agenda for our next call, Monday, 27 March at 20:00 UTC.

Homework

  *   Review the Executive Summary (pg. 2-5) of Discussion Draft: Preliminary Framework for Closed Generic gTLDs v2.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtLVcyWhyrCaYl1iqlAncaIyrqpS--0aPCTjpwMue7I/edit> This portion of the strawman document represents your efforts to identify a shared framework. Respond via comments:

     *   To express disagreement with text as a point of common ground and shared understanding of the group

        *   Please note: while you may personally disagree with text, only comment if you disagree that specific text is a point of common ground and shared understanding of the broader group

     *   To identify framework gaps that might need to be considered by this group

  *   Review the remainder of Discussion Draft: Preliminary Framework for Closed Generic gLTDs v2 (the same document) and respond via comments according to the instructions on pg. 1.
  *   Please note, the Executive Summary has been extracted from the larger document so please review it first.

27 March Agenda

  *   Discuss meeting schedule
  *   Discuss when other org functions should be brought into your closed generic work
  *   Review the Executive Summary portion of Discussion Draft: Preliminary Framework for Closed Generic gTLDS v2.
  *   Continue review of the rest of the document, time allowing
  *   AOB

Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Melissa