[gnso-gac-closed-generics] PLEASE RESPOND: Meeting dates for April

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Mar 28 14:57:26 UTC 2023

Dear participants in the Closed Generics Facilitated Dialogue,

As a follow up action from our call yesterday, the staff team is preparing to schedule a number of calls in April that will hopefully allow you to reach agreement on a proposed final framework for closed generic gTLDs that can be shared with each of your community groups for feedback. Due to the number of holidays in various regions and cultures in April, we need to know which days and dates we should avoid scheduling a call on. As such, we will be grateful if you can respond to this email as soon as possible to let us know which dates in April and May are absolutely out of the question for you to be on a call.

We also understand that the group would ideally like to have some time, for at least a limited period, to discuss feedback received in the event that specific clarifications may be needed to the draft framework that can be shared with the ALAC, GAC and GNSO Council to enable each of these groups to sign off on the final framework. In this regard, as also discussed yesterday, the Board’s request that the GNSO Council submit a proposed timeline and project plan for handling post-dialogue policy work on closed generic gTLDs by 15 June will be a significant factor impacting this group’s timeline to complete your work. Nevertheless, the staff team will do our best to come back to you as quickly as we can with a proposed call schedule that accommodates the various requests and considerations as much as possible, and with specific dates for calls in April and May.

We look forward to your immediate response on your availability in April and May for these calls. Thank you!

Cheers
Mary (on behalf of Melissa Peters Allgood and the staff team supporting this facilitated dialogue)