[gnso-gac-closed-generics] **SECOND UPDATE **Re: Closed Generics Asynchronous Work

Melissa Peters Allgood melissa.allgood at icann.org
Mon May 15 11:40:30 UTC 2023

Hi all –

Kathy has rightly pointed out an error on the staff side. Regarding the following portion of Objective/Subjective below, please remove “Initial Evaluation” and replace with “Closed Generics Evaluation” for purposes of responding to this email.

“The evaluation panel must determine whether each individual closed generic gTLD application sufficiently meets the criteria to pass Initial Evaluation Closed Generics Evaluation. In the event that the evaluation panel receives more than one application for the same closed generic string, and determines that each application meets the criteria to pass Initial Evaluation, then the standard procedures of string contention resolution apply. “

Thank you and see you all soon,
Melissa