[gnso-gac-closed-generics] A message from the Board liaisons

Patricio Poblete patricio.poblete at board.icann.org
Fri May 19 19:39:01 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

We appreciate the significant work of the Closed Generic Facilitated
Dialogue Group,  especially these past few weeks. The intense discussions
are leading to progress on an important topic, and a draft agreed framework
is within reach. We encourage the group to focus on delivering a draft
agreed framework for the consideration of the ALAC, GAC, and GNSO Council.
Subsequently, the Board looks forward to receiving a GNSO Council project
plan and timeline for policy work, or an alternate path, on how to handle
closed generics for the next round of new gTLDs by the 1 August deadline
for the overall implementation plan.

Best wishes for a successful outcome of this important work. We appreciate
the hard work so far.

Alan Barrett
Patricio Poblete