[GNSO-GGP-WG] FOR REVIEW re: REC 5 | Action Items & Notes | GGP Applicant Support WG Meeting #23 on 6 Nov at 20:00 UTC

Satish Babu sbabu at ieee.org
Thu Nov 9 10:42:14 UTC 2023

Dear all

The ALAC team has the following observations on the Rec 5 wording.

The original recommendation says "No fewer than...", which already
indicates that it is a floor and not a ceiling. Therefore the new text
sounds somewhat repetitive.

We would like to propose the following alternative language the group's
consideration:

ICANN must ensure that, of all successfully delegated gTLD applications, 10
or 0.5 percent (0.005), were from supported applicants. This should be
considered a floor, not a ceiling, and ICANN should strive to exceed this
minimum in order to achieve the aim of facilitating geographic
diversification within the new gTLD program.

With kind regards

satish