[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] MP3 IGO WG - Wednesday, 03 December 2014 at 1700 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Dec 3 19:11:44 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Working Group call on Wednesday, 03 December 2014  at 1700 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-access-20141203-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-access-20141203-en.mp3

 On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

George Kirikos - Individual

Jim Bikoff – IPC

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Phil Corwin – BC

Gary Campbell – GAC

Kristine Dorrain- Individual

Paul Tattersfield – Individual

Lori Schulman – NPOC

Nat Cohen - BC

Imran Ahmed Shah – NCUC

Kathy Kleiman – NCUC

Jay Chapman - Individual

Apologies:

Mason Cole – RySG

David Maher – RySG

Paul Keating – NCUC

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/97rhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/97rhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 03 December 2014:

   Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG Meeting on the 03 December 2014

  George Kirikos:Hi everyone.

  George Kirikos:It looks like just a few of us so far.

  Lori Schulman:Hello

  George Kirikos:Hi Lori.

  Petter Rindforth:Phil is the Meeting Chair today

  Gary Campbell:Hi all

  George Kirikos:Hi Gary.

  Petter Rindforth:...and hello all!

  George Kirikos:Did staff have a nice retreat?

  Petter Rindforth:Thanks, Mary - just saw that you have the latest version

  Steve Chan:@George, thanks for asking! It's been good so far, although almost a bit like a mini ICANN meeting :)

  George Kirikos:hehe

  Philip Corwin:Hello all

  George Kirikos:Welcome, Philip.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Kristine Dorrain

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Thank you!  sorry I'm late

  Mary Wong:@George, yes thank you for asking! Lots of good information sharing, brainstorming, training and cross-departmental discussions.

  Terri Agnew:Nat Cohen has joined audio

  Terri Agnew:Jim Bikoff has joined audio

  Mary Wong:The Sub-Group updates that Steve is mentioning: https://community.icann.org/x/khbxAg

  Terri Agnew:Imran Ahmed Shah has joined

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:and I think I've dropped the ball on that.... :(

  Terri Agnew:Kathy Kleiman has joined audio

  Mary Wong:@Kristine - no worries. Thanks for taking it on; we're just making sure we don't move too far ahead without completing existing tasks :) Just let us know if you need anything more from staff at this stage.

  George Kirikos:I just found another UDRP case: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2012-1922

  George Kirikos:"Unitaid is not a separate legal entity as the World Health Organisation serves as the host organization, providing its Secretariat, Trust Fund, administrative and fiduciary support. Today, Unitaid is supported by 29 countries and by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation."

  George Kirikos:"For the foregoing reasons, in accordance with paragraphs 4(i) of the Policy and 15 of the Rules, the Panel orders that the disputed domain names <unitaid.biz>, <unitaid.com>, <unitaid.info>, <unitaid.net> and <unitaid.org> be transferred to the Complainant."

  George Kirikos:(one of the few examples of cases brought by an IGO, and in this case, it won; in the World Food Program example, the UDRP was terminated, so no decision was made by the panel)

  Terri Agnew:Jay Chapman has joined

  Kathy:Hi All, I've been on the phone for a while, and now able to join the adobe connect.

  George Kirikos:Looks fine to me.

  Lori Schulman:I support the letter.

  Lori Schulman::)

  George Kirikos:It might be an IGO....still researching it.

  Kathy:Sounds (and looks) like a very good letter. Tx you!

  Paul Tattersfield:looks good

  George Kirikos:I'll send it to the mailing list, for those not here.

  Mary Wong:Thanks much, George.

  Imran Ahmed Shah:I also support letter,

  Kathy:I think Phil raises some very good points - and concerns.

  Mary Wong:Will do, Phil, thanks for the reminder.

  Petter Rindforth:Everything is perfect ;-)

  George Kirikos:I found another interesting decision, re: worldbank.net

  George Kirikos:http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0222.html

  George Kirikos:World Bank is definitely an IGO, and it's even on the reserved list.

  Kathy:reasonable!

  George Kirikos:https://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/packages/reserved-names/ReservedNames.xml

  George Kirikos:Sounds like a reasonable plan, Phil.

  Lori Schulman:As I joined after the subgroups were formed, I am happy to volunteer for any new one that is formed.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Lori.

  Lori Schulman:Lots to think about.  Thanks for the great work.

  Kathy:Tx for the meeting, Phil and All!

  George Kirikos:Bye everyone. Have a great day.

  Mary Wong:Thanks everyone, thanks Phil!

  Steve Chan:Thanks all

  Nat Cohen:thanks

  Imran Ahmed Shah:thanks