[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Follow up from the WG call earlier today

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Nov 5 23:00:01 UTC 2014

Dear WG members,

Please find attached: (1) the March 2014 letter sent by Cherine Chelaby,
Chair of the Board¹s New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC), to GNSO Chair
Jonathan Robinson informing the GNSO of the NGPC¹s proposal to the GAC
concerning IGO protections; (2) the NGPC proposal; and (3) the subsequent
Briefing Note (August 2014) sent by the GNSO Council to the NGPC regarding
the initiation and chartering of our current Working Group.

The Board¹s February 2014 resolution that led to the NGPC developing its
March proposal can be found here:
https://features.icann.org/protection-igo-ingo-identifiers-all-gtlds-pdp

As mentioned on our call, these communications as well as the ongoing
Board-GNSO discussions and GAC advice from Los Angeles show that the Board
and the GAC are fully aware of the existence and work of our group. The
pending WG letter that is to be sent to the GNSO Council for review and
transmission to the GAC should serve as another update to and reminder of
our ongoing work.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong